About BPAP — Members
The Business Processing Association of the Philippines (BPAP) is an umbrella association that represents organizations engaged in business process outsourcing (BPO) and IT-enabled services (ITES). This industry is also sometimes referred to as the offshoring and outsourcing (O&O) industry.
BPAP is a private and nonprofit organization which also represents service providers and allied support industries. Currently, BPAP's membership is composed of 210 companies and 5 associations — the Contact Center Association of the Philippines (CCAP), Philippine Software Industry Association (PSIA), Medical Transcription Industry Association of the Philippines (MTIAPI), Animation Council of the Philippines (ACPI), and the Game Developers Association of the Philippines (GDAP).
- Meaningful and regular advocacy of the Philippine O&O industry√‘ interests in the North American, EU, and other markets;
- Representation in the development of public policy and the legal framework in which the industry operates (lobbying to ensure that the industry is well-represented in the development and enforcement of rules, regulations, and laws);
- Access to databases, studies, and surveys developed, conducted, or commissioned by the BPAP such as the Next Wave - Cities Scorecard, the O&O Inventory, and many more;
- Development and implementation of a code of conduct for members that will set measures for compliance with accepted global industry standards (e.g. training, recruitment, workforce relations, certifications);
- Benefits of BPAP representation as the point of contact for government and investors;
- Full access to the world-class BPAP Web site, including regular association and event updates, links to members, and online publications;
- Proactive public relations, both in the Philippines and abroad, to brand the Philippines as a major outsourcing destination;
- Assistance in sourcing funding requirements for events and activities;
- Representation in trade organizations;
- Participation in BPAP's Power Teams and Coffee Table Talks events (venues for networking, exchanging perspectives, and sharing expertise);
- Access to industry-specific workshops and seminars organized by BPA/P and its partners;
- Representation in and special rates to major industry events such as OutsourceWorld in conjunction with the Center for International Trade Expositions & Missions (CITEM) and other organizations;
- Access to BPAP marketing collateral in both hard and soft-copy form;
- Collaboration with trade attach°¶ in major markets, assuring powerful marketing opportunities for Philippine-based IT and ITES firms;
- Invitation to monthly General Membership Assembly meetings providing industry and investment updates, networking opportunities with senior government officials, and insights and recommendations from industry analysts and experts;
- Invitation to participate in the e-Services Philippines international conference and exhibition conducted annually with CITEM and;
- Participation in national job fairs conducted in partnership with the Office of Senator Manuel A. Roxas II three times each year in three venues (Luzon, Visayas, Mindanao).
Download the BPAP Membership Application Form.
Download the BPAP Membership Fee Structure.
Contact BPAP for more details and inquiries on membership.